[Interest] Qt Creator licensing for companies with Qt Commercial developers

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Tue Mar 31 21:55:15 CEST 2020

Hi Tuukka!

> I have also tried to explain these, but your tone feels rather aggressive. I do not
> understand what makes you say: “Even a solo developer needs to hire a lawyer before
> touching anything Qt-related.”

Because this is what users hear in MLs and forums, when they ask about Qt licensing
issues. The recurring answer is: "don't know, don't understand, hire a lawer".

And because this is written in your FAQ: "It is always recommended to contact a lawyer
familiar with open source licenses for a full review of your project to determine whether
you can fulfill all of the obligations of applicable open source licenses".

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner