[Interest] Guide me through the Qt offerings for GUIs

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Thu Apr 22 12:14:52 CEST 2021

On 4/22/2021 3:47 AM, Rui Oliveira wrote:
> QML/Quick, for me, seems to need a lot of work for the desktop. Also, it
> seems it's make for "flat", low density UIs. Yesterday I was presented
> with this:https://ossia.io/  . Look how good it looks
> (https://ossia.io/assets/score.png)! Holy damn, an that's widgets.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=connex+spot+monitor&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.tigermedical.com%2FProducts%2FLargeImages%2FWEL71XX-B-.jpg

That's all widgets baby. The CPU doesn't even have a GPU

Download the user manual and check out the screen shots inside.

https://www.hillrom.com/content/dam/hillrom-aem/us/en/sap-documents/LIT/80025/80025960LITPDF.pdf

That thing is a work of art. I just wish they would have included a shot
of the readings history table. Apple ain't ever put out anything that
looked so cool and was 100% functional.

QML can't hold a candle to it.

Those bricks can be re-arranged and re-sized without any use of layouts.

When you gotta bring the Uber Cool you gotta use widgets.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

https://theminimumyouneedtoknow.com