[Interest] L Word

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Thu Apr 29 10:22:56 CEST 2021

On 29/04/2021 00:42, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Interest wrote:
> If the answer is yes, you were lying. If the answer is no, or you don't
> answer, then you're trolling the mailing list. You'll get my apology;
> I'll even throw in, for free, my personal congratulations for the long
> trolling. But, you'll get a nice permanent ban from here.

No reply. Yes, you're not the only one who can set arbitrary deadlines
for other people, pal.

I'll just go with the script then: you DID believe those links to be true.

Then, please accept my deepest and most sincere apologies for calling
you a liar.

I'll state it again, very clearly, all uppercase:

YOU NEVER LIED. I WAS WRONG.

Please accept the attached fruit basket as a gesture of good will.

===

Where does this leave us, then?

At BEST, you have been trolling the mailing list, sending inflammatory
false content with the purpose of getting a strong reaction from the
participants.

At WORST, you have demonstrated some abysmal gross incompetence, since
in order to win an argument you:

* googled some keywords;
* got the first couple of links that seemed to match your thesis;
* didn't even bother to read the contents;
* pasted the links here believing they were true, without questioning
the veracity of such explosive statements;
* when busted, dug your hole even deeper by keeping arguing in that
direction.

(...I'm not alone about bringing this possibility forward...)

Spoiler alert, the links were April fools' jokes. They have never been
true, and it was even written in the articles that they were jokes. With
such precedents, why should anyone believe *any* other argument you
bring forward?

===

In either case, it is abundantly clear who's full of shit around here.

It is also clear to me that moderation on this list doesn't exist, or if
it exists, it doesn't want to get sides, and/or considers these
behaviours acceptable.

I don't. And I don't send ultimatums or threats of libel lawsuits
(seriously?) around, including to the moderators, in order to force them
to make a move.

Hence, I'll be removing myself from this list, effective immediately.

You win. Audience claps. Curtains.

Ad astra per aspera,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts