[Interest] Trouble compiling qt3d for qt6 on windows 10

Paul Lemire paul.lemire at kdab.com
Mon Feb 15 11:47:27 CET 2021

I can't really help about the compile issues. But I should be able to
help regarding the plugin error.

You likely need to copy a few more things from the qt3d build dir to
your Qt install dir:

qt3d_build_dir/qml/Qt3D into Qt_Install_Dir/qml/

qt3d_build_dir/qml/QtQuick/* into Qt_Install_Dir/qml/QtQuick/

qt3d_build_dir/plugins/* into Qt_Install_Dir/plugins/

(the plugins dir contains a renderers folder which contains the Qt3D
render plugins)

I hope that helps,

Paul