[Interest] Trouble compiling qt3d for qt6 on windows 10

Daniel Patel danielpatel.no at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:33:27 CET 2021

Thanks a lot for the reply Paul, it was useful as always.
Copying the files made the qt3d examples work!
I realized that the compile error showed up because qt6 itself was only
compiled in debug mode.
With the appropriate flag to the configure script, qt6 now compiles both in
debug and in release.

However, now when compiling qt3d I ran into the error : "Could not find
feature qt3d-simd-avx2" (I already configured and compiled qt6 with -avx2
flag)
I am just not able to tell/configure qt3d to use avx2 instead of sse2.
Currently "qmake .." returns:
  Use SSE2 instructions .................. yes

  Use AVX2 instructions .................. no

After running configure for the qt6 build I got this text as output:
"To configure and build other Qt modules, you can use the following
convenience script:
        C:/Qt/Qt-6.1/bin/qt-configure-module.bat"
So i did a "c:\Qt\Qt-6.1\bin\qt-configure-module.bat
qt3d-everywhere-src-6.0.0 --qt3d-simd=avx2"   but that failed with
"Unknown command line option '--qt3d-simd=avx2'"  (I also tried
-avx2-qt3d-simd and -qt3d-simd-avx2)
Anyone knows how to set configure flags for qt3d before compiling it?

On a side note I also was not able to get qt6 configure script to detect
zlib libraries even though I set appropriate environment variables and sent
in paths using both -D option as well as -I and -L option.