[Interest] Rebuilding cmake project (in Qt Creator) fails - build directories write-protected?

Kai Köhne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Jan 6 10:45:33 CET 2021

> From: Interest <interest-bounces at qt-project.org> On Behalf Of Till Oliver Knoll
> Subject: Re: [Interest] Rebuilding cmake project (in Qt Creator) fails - build directories write-protected?
>
> Am 31.12.20 um 16:02 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll:
> Am 31.12.20 um 15:29 schrieb James DeLisle:
> There are some on-going peculiarities with CMake and translation files, as evidenced here:
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-76410
> Thanks for your reply! In fact, the problem is not only related to translation files (but it occurs there first during a build).
> In fact, I "commented out" the generation of translation (*.ts) files and the problem also occured later on during a "rebuild"
> (at least with my actual project).
>
> Or in other words: the generated CMakeLists.txt (generated by Qt Creator 4.14.0) simply does not work, neither on Windows > nor on macOS (at least not on Mojave".
> There is no other cmake in the PATH (I specifically uninstalled an older version with "brew uninstall cmake". In fact, there is no > cmake at all in the PATH right now (I am exclusively building from within Qt Creator for the time being).

I can reproduce the problem, but only with CMake 3.19.0.  I cannot reproduce with CMake 3.18.4 nor CMake 3.19.2.

I guess we need to update the CMake version in the SDK ASAP, and probably better test before doing the next update :/

Feel free to open a bug about this, so it's properly tracked.

Regards

Kai