[Interest] Qt 5.15 pull out of open source?!

Ilya Diallo ilya.diallo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:41:38 CET 2021

Le jeu. 7 janv. 2021 à 18:30, Benjamin TERRIER <b.terrier at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> So basically for open source users the support of Qt 5.15 has stopped 9
> months before a usable version should be available.

Totally agree, but that point has already been made in the dev mailing list.
So we can assume that Tuuka is fully aware of that problem. In that context
his "it's business as usual" response could be translated to "la-la-la
can't hear you".

> Dropping the LTS for open source users would not have been an issue this
> big if you had done it for any other version.
> But doing it for 5.15, the last Qt 5 version is the worst timing. If
> anything Qt 5.15 should have had an extended support time

It's the worst timing unless the purpose is to push (drag ?) users to the
commercial license - in that case the timing is perfect.
It's a business decision, time will tell if it's a good one or not.

Ilya.