[Interest] Qt6 : linguist + *.ts files creation

Max Paperno max-l at wdg.us
Sun Jan 24 03:57:09 CET 2021

Hi Nicholas,

The initial .ts files are also created when running lupdate from a
command line or as part of your build (if the .ts file(s) will be
created if they don't already exist).  The process is described here:
https://doc.qt.io/Qt-5/linguist-manager.html#using-lupdate

QtCreator also has context menus items within projects to facilitate
adding translations (IIRC).

While the wiki article gives a decent example of implementation, it
doesn't actually explain any background information.  There's really
more to internationalization than just some translations, and the
translation system has features that may be useful for other things as
well. I'd highly recommend reading the whole Internationalization
section of the Qt docs:
https://doc.qt.io/Qt-5/internationalization.html

HTH,
-Max