[Interest] Qt 6 Ubuntu package

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Thu Jan 28 09:09:21 CET 2021

On 28/1/21 5:56 pm, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 12:08:44PM +0530, Nibedit Dey wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to install Qt6 without downloading the
>> *qt-unified-linux-x86-4.0.1-online.run* file.
>> Is there a Qt 6 Ubuntu package like the one for Qt 5? e.g.:- *sudo apt-get
>> install qt5-default*
> Ubuntu's packages are mostly inherited from Debian, where the Qt package
> maintainers stepped down before the Qt 6 release because of a lack of
> time:

I've been using this PPA for Qt packages: https://launchpad.net/~beineri
although there is no Qt 6 there yet. These packages install in /opt and
don't conflict with the Debian/Ubuntu-provided Qt packages.

Despite them being for Ubuntu I have installed them on Debian bullseye,
although I did recompile qtbase mostly to fix an SQL driver problem.

Hamish