[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 112, Issue 6

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Fri Jan 29 18:40:57 CET 2021

On 1/7/2021 11:03 AM, Jérôme Godbout wrote:
> I end up doing less and less of it. It was a good ride with Qt, sadly, I'm not sure any more project as consultant will show up with Qt... I barely had 1 in the past year and a big rise on C# Xamarin and blazor are rising quickly, not that I like it, but that's the market aorund me in Montreal/Quebec start to look like lately. I also do work for a huge European cie that shifted to C# too. Only medical cie are sticking to it around me, since the cost of revalidation is too high. Might not be the case for everyone, but as a service cie that what we are seeing right now and that's sad.

Actually, medical device companies appear to be moving all new devices
and projects away from Qt. I haven't worked on a single medical device
using Qt in over 14 months. Right now it seems there are more OpenVMS
contracts open in America and Qt medical device contracts. Almost as
many HP-3000 contracts.

One large drone software project may drop Qt as well. It's come up.
They've been using Qt, but Qt 6.x and the continual licensing FUD is
major impediment. Talk of licensing QtCreator made an awful lot of
people look for an open door.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions