[Interest] L Word

eric.fedosejevs at gmail.com eric.fedosejevs at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:03:06 CEST 2021

So basically open source/standard Qt was considered appropriate for safety critical devices prior to the introduction of Safe Renderer in 2017, but now only commercial Qt with Safe Renderer is appropriate for that purpose.

Before anyone says otherwise, Qt was widely used in safety critical applications before Safe Renderer existed. See for example the text from introductory blog post about Safe Renderer:

“Industries such as automotive, medical and industrial automation, where Qt is the leading UI framework, can now satisfy safety critical requirements with Qt easier than before.”