[Interest] QT Creator consistency

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 3 01:40:40 CET 2022

On Friday, 2 December 2022 16:24:56 PST Turtle Creek Software wrote:
> Using the latest, I weirdly kept seeing preprocessor output. Huh?  Turns
> out Follow Symbol Under Cursor moved from #2 to #3 in the right-click
> menu.

You can Ctrl+Click or use F2. That's faster than the right-click menu.

> Follow Symbol Under Cursor in source files used to jump to that function in
> the header.  That stopped working a few updates ago.

It jumps to the definition of the function, if it's found it, otherwise to the
declaration in the header. It goes between those two if you're in either.

Do note that sometimes it hasn't indexed the .cpp file so it will jump to the
header. This happens sometimes if the .cpp file isn't open in the editor.