[Interest] Exception catching in event loop

Turtle Creek Software support at turtlesoft.com
Wed May 1 23:54:48 CEST 2024

Our code has thousands of sanity checks, which give an error message with
file & line #, then throw an exception.  The event loop swallows the
non-fatal ones so users can continue work.

To do that in Qt we wrap QApplication::notify in a try/catch.  It works
fine in Qt 5, and also in Qt 6 built for Windows. For Mac ARM it doesn't
make it to the event loop but just terminates. That will be unpleasant for
users.

Is there some setup needed for Mac ARM exception handling?  Somewhere else
we can catch?  Should we report it as a bug?

Thanks,
Casey McDermott
TurtleSoft.com