[Localization] Updating the Qt4 Portuguese files to Qt5

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Tue Jan 7 17:46:13 CET 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 04:12:18PM +0100, Pedro Barros wrote:
>Going through the list of files in http://l10n-files.qt.io/l10n-files/,
>I only see files with "zero completion status", which I take as an
>indication that these are Qt4 files.

that would be correct.

>I would like to convert them to Qt5, but following the warnings on the
>site, I would like to know:
>
>a) are these the right files, or not?

they are.

>b) Is there a more or less complete instruction on the workflow to be
>followed?

not more than what leena pointed to.

i updated the wiki to reflect that we now have LTS branches, which are
the preferred first target for translation. currently, that would be
5.9.

>Any tips, advice or suggestions on how to simplify this process will be
>highly welcome.

you may want to take
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qttranslations/+/214867 as a
basis and "de-brazilianize" it.
you can use lconvert to "forward-port" the pt_BR translation targeting
5.6 to the current 5.9 pt_PT files.