[Localization] Updating the Qt4 Portuguese files to Qt5

Pedro Barros pcbuse1963 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:25:35 CET 2020

Thanks a lot!

However, as far as I can see, only some files have been translated (and
I would like to get Portuguese pt, even if it is not essential).

According to the page on the localization process, I could get the other
files (Qt4) and do as follows:

*If you are starting a translation of Qt 5 to a language for which a Qt
4 translation exists, you should re-use the existing translation files: *

  * *Make sure your $PATH starts with $qt5/qtbase/bin*
  * *Change to $qt5/qttranslations/translations*
  * *Run *
    *perl split-qt-ts.pl <lang>*

But I get several errors when running this. I managed to solve some by
downloading the Qt5.14 source files and placing them under the root
folder of the translations, but I still get several errors like

WARNING: Project ERROR: Could not find feature c++2a. (repeated many times)

WARNING:
~/Projs/QtTranslations/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/configure.pri:9:
'qtConfResolvePathLibs' is not a recognized test function.
WARNING:
~/Projs/QtTranslations/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/configure.pri:82:
'qtConfResolvePathLibs' is not a recognized test function.

WARNING: Project ERROR: Library 'psql' is not defined.
WARNING: Project ERROR: Library 'mysql' is not defined.
WARNING: Project ERROR: Library 'odbc' is not defined.
WARNING: Project ERROR: Library 'tds' is not defined.
WARNING: Project ERROR: Library 'sqlite' is not defined.

WARNING: Project ERROR: Could not find feature thread.
Updating 'qtbase_pt.ts'...
     Found 107 source text(s) (107 new and 0 already existing)

Also, the last line seems to indicate that it did not reuse any of the
translations in 'qtbase_pt.ts'.... Why?

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Pedro