[Localization] Contributing to Qt's Simplified Chinese Translation

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Thu Jun 3 11:58:03 CEST 2021

On Thu, Jun 03, 2021 at 01:30:33PM +0800, Tyson Tan wrote:
>1) I've already joined Qt on transifex. Can I just translate on that
>website?

yup. in principle.

>2) There are some English source text in Danish - like "Printing
>Properties" is "Printeregenskaber" in qtbase. Is that
>normal/intentional?

absolutely not. i was already in contact with tx about the underlying
issue(s), but they clearly don't give much of a shit, as it's been two
months now.

yes, this renders the tx presence virtually useless.

try crowin maybe? or use one of the open-source ones? even self-host?
somebody here has relevant experience?

>3) I noticed on transifex that new translations are saved as "drafts".
>Do they become normal after a while, or I must manually click Save as
>Suggestion?

no idea. i imagine this being documented somewhere under "workflow".

>4) My short term goal is to get the Printing dialogue properly
>translated. Can you help me find where they are?

i prefer waiting until the translation is complete. ;)

>5) Are there any quirks specific to Qt localization that I should know
>of / prioritize / avoid doing?

not really. possibly ignore xmlpatterns if you're doing qt5.