[Localization] Dear Qt Team, I would like to contribute the translation of "Chinese (Taiwan)" to Qt/QtCreator.

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Fri Mar 17 14:43:58 CET 2023

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 07:39:32PM +0800, Haowei Hsu wrote:
>However, I found that there are some strings translated into *"建立器"*
>but tagged with *"obsolete"*.
>In my opinion, those translations are improper. Does it matter if I
>change them as well?
>Do you mean that I can change those strings but do not remove the
>*"obsolete"* tag?

as the obsolete translations are theoretically serving as translation
memory, you can fix them to have better examples for future use.
in any case it doesn't cause harm, and if you're doing a global search &
replace anyway, it isn't even significant wasted effort.

however, your entire endeavour of doing individual fixes is somewhat
pointless, as the whole translation is rather massively outdated at this
point. the usual procedure would be updating the .ts files, completing
the translation, and then discarding the obsolete strings (as most
completely gone strings will never become useful again). then the
question whether to update them becomes obsolete itself.