[PySide] need some more help with repositioning widgets

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Mon Apr 30 08:14:34 CEST 2012

Hi all,

thanks to a lot of help from this list I got quite far with my task but
unfortunately am stuck again now.
I thought it might be best to actually post the whole code here and not
just little snippets, as I'm sure I'm making a few mistakes that all
build up.

I have combined the sliding docks (thanks Tibold) and the animated pages
(thanks Aaron) with my other code and am now having trouble to position
the ItemPageAnimator widget (which slides pages of buttons in and out)
in a way that:
- the animation doesn't overlap the top or bottom docks
- resizing the window doesn't make the QFrame jump

I have sub classed a QFrame for the ItemPageAnimator and styled it just
to see what's going on for now. It could use a QWidget otherwise.

I know this is a lot of code (well, for me it is at least) but am hoping
that somebody may have the time and patience to have a peek and guide me
in the right direction.

Here is the code:
http://pastebin.com/jECqqW7v

Thanks again to all who have helped me get this far!!

frank