[PySide] PySide is Dead?

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Mon Dec 10 17:26:47 CET 2012

On 12/10/12 8:38 AM, Hugo Parente Lima wrote:
> Is normal, our the binding generator code base is a mess to
> understand due to various historical events occurred during the
> development, in the ideal world the generator would be written in
> Python with a clean code base, just the helper libraries in C++
> (libshiboken and libpyside), but this would require a full rewrite
> of the generator :-/. Our typesystem file inherited from Qt-Jambi
> is also not the better way to give hints to the generator about how
> to generate bindings.

My thought on the code generator was to have the C++ parser write the
parse tree out to some xml file that could then be read by a code
generator written in python.  Then the C++ parser could possibly be
replaced with something else and the generator could be more quickly
improved since it's now implemented in python.  Changing it would
still require C++ knowledge, though, because it's emitting C++ code.

> There are a lot of bug reports, but the Jira bug tracker is
> horrible to search bugs, change bug status, etc...

Is there anyone on this list that knows enough about the bug tracker
to help people learn how to use it effectively?  I think I gave up
when I tried to close one of the bugs I reported and couldn't figure
out how to do it.  Or should we be looking for another tracker?

Cheers,

John