[PySide] My changes to get Pyside working on Linux

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 23:57:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

https://github.com/PySide/packaging will be deprecated soon, You can
test new scripts from this repo:
https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup

The scripts are (almost) finished,I tested the script under ubuntu
10.10 with Qt 4.6 and 12.04 with Qt 4.8. I installed packages:
build-essentials, cmake, python-dev and qt-sdk

Here is example how to build and install PySide (master branche) into
virtualenv:

$ git clone https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup
$ cd pyside-setup
$ git submodule init
$ git submodule update
$ ../your_virt_env/bin/python setup.py install --qmake=/usr/bin/qmake
...wait 20 - 30 minutes

NOTE:
1. set --qmake paramter only if qmake is not in path
2. to build without install run:
    python setup.py build
    OR
    python setup.py bdist
    OR
    python setup.py bdist_egg
3. use --help and/or --help-commands to view all options

Please report any issues here, I want to officially release the new
scripts at end of the week (or sooner) with updated dokumentation on
wiki.

R.