[PySide] PySide website, old Bugzilla

Matti Airas mairas at iki.fi
Thu May 10 11:18:53 CEST 2012

On 10 May 2012 10:57, Srini Kommoori <vasure at gmail.com> wrote:

>> proposing handing the database contents to anyone volunteering.
>
> That is the problem. If we find someone to host archive bugzilla, then we
> wouldn't have this discussion.

That's why I asked for that in the first place. :-)

> Calling github for hobby projects is little weird. For
> reference: https://github.com/torvalds/linux / redis/mongo/django

Sorry - maybe I've just grown sensitive to the mentions of Github in
this context. :-) But more generally, now that PySide is a Qt add-on
and part of the larger Qt Project, I don't think it's a good idea to
always have the first reaction of moving things *away* from Qt. It'd
be a bit like working for an Apache project and always trying to move
the facilities to, say, Ubuntu's Launchpad.

I know I myself presented the idea of having a separate VM, but at
that point I hadn't realized that PySide could have such an integral
presence on qt-project.org.

> Could you please let us know what is the final plan for everything? Do you
> think VM with wordpress is the best option? I could sponsor that but for
> long term, keeping everything simple and automated is the best option for
> the project to be successful.

Don't know about any final plans, but the current idea is to host the
high-traffic static content (documentation and binaries) directly at
the Qt Project, side-by-side with the other Qt Project resources. The
little content on the WordPress website (basically, the Support and
About pages) would need to be  moved to the Wiki. The wiki homepage
would need to be slightly revised accordingly to more easily provide
an overview of the project. Then, PySide would also be presented
somehow on the main Qt Project navigation hierarchy.

The current news blog on PySide.org would need to be exported to some
open blog provider such as blogger.com, but there we could try to use
the opportunity to open the blog and use it as a more active conduit
for all kinds of things related to PySide.

I hope this clarifies the things a bit.

Cheers,

ma.