[PySide] Unable build PySide from Source on Linux

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:14:53 CEST 2012

Hi Tej,

2012/9/11 Tejashri Kandolkar <tejashri.kandolkar at gmail.com>:
> Hi Roman,
>
> I was able to build PySide successfully on Windows 7 with Python 2.7.
> I now wanted to build it with Python 3.2..So wanted to know if the bug was
> fixed and if PySide can now be built with Python3.2?

Yes, all known bugs were fixed and You can build even with latest Python 3.3rc2

> Also, how do I check if I am getting the latest released PySide code?
> Is it that when I clone from github (without mentioning a version), it will
> always get the latest release?

The setup.py build script has two parameters that control version of
PySide modules cloned from git: --list-versions and --version.

For example to build latest stable version run:
python setup.py bdist --version=1.1.2 [...other params]

To build latest development version run:
python setup.py bdist --version=1.1.3dev [...other params]

To list all available versions run:
python setup.py --list-versions

Regards
Roman