[PySide] What is required for a minimal installation of the runtime components?

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:46:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

To develop python application with PySide you need to downolad only
PySide binary distribution from here
http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySide_Binaries_Windows. This package
contains everyhing you need to develop and to run the application: the
Qt libs, Qt tools (designer, translator), and PySide libs and tools

You absolutely don't need the QT SDK, and You don't need the Qt library package.
You need only the Python and PySide package (for python 2.7 this one:
PySide-1.1.2.win32-py2.7.exe).

You would need the QT SDK (or Qt package) only if you create Qt C++
applications, or if you want to recompile pyside from source.

Regards
Roman