[PySide] PySide website down

Matti Airas mairas at iki.fi
Fri Sep 28 10:01:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

Unfortunately the WHOIS information is not correct. The domain was moved
from Nokia Meego (where I worked) to Qt Project around March or April, but
for some reason the Qt admins decided to put my information as the owner. I
no longer work at Nokia and have no access there.

Hugo and Luciano gave me a heads-up about the virtual server being down.
There's probably nothing that can be done about that, but the plan was
anyway that Qt Project admins would create a redirect from pyside.org to
the PySide wiki front page, and provide hosting for the static pages. I've
tried emailing Qt about the issue as well, but got no reply so far. Next,
some good ole' phone calls...

If the consensus is that being part of Qt Project is actually harmful for
PySide (due to issues like the current one), we could of course try to
discuss with Qt Project about getting the ownership of the domain ourselves
(dunno who should be the right owner?). Or, a bit more than year ago, when
trying to figure out the eventual home for PySide, I was also discussing
with PSF, and they would've been willing, but Qt proposed the current
setup, and at the time I thought it would be a great idea. PSF probably
would be still willing, but if I recall correctly, that'd require a
copyright assignment to PSF from all contributors, and I still have painful
memories about the Qt contributor license agreement hassle... :-/

Cheers,

ma.