[PySide] help: can't install Pyside on linux anymore

Tibold Kandrai kandraitibold at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:36:36 CEST 2013

Hey Frank,

If the ppa doesn’t exist, you could try to compile it yourself or by manually downloading it or by installing from PyPi with:

sudo pip install PySide

There are a few dependencies you need to have installed like CMake, but the build will let you know what does it need. I just had to build it myself too as for OS X there are no 1.2.1 binaries available.

In my case the only problem I had with it is that the Ui tools didn’t build, but since I’m not really using it that’s not that big of a problem for me, although they can be compiled by fixing the cmake files.

Cheers,

Tibold Kandrai