[PySide] Run GUI Window in a separate thread (independent main loop)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:06:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have a standard Python script - not PySide app - that executes command
with subprocess.Popen. And I want to create a monitor for it in a separate
thread, which will empty stderr and stdin to avoid deadlocks.

The question is - is it ok to create a PySide window in this thread? I need
it to see the actual stderr/stdout output.

I am afraid that executing app.exec_() in a separate thread will make
horrible things happen. It may also happen that I need to run two processes
with two separate monitor threads.
--
anatoly t.