[QBS] Looking for libraries/include paths

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com
Tue Aug 14 09:37:49 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 04:44:17AM +0600, ext Ruslan Nigmatullin wrote:
> 14.08.2012, 00:26, "Oswald Buddenhagen" <oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com>:
> > the ide-wise atomic entity is the module. how the module manages to set
> > up its properties is only the module definition's concern.
>
> I meant that IDE couldn't provide auto-complete facility in case of writing this code.

it doesn't have to. it shouldn't.
for writing project files, the ide only needs to know about the modules'
existence.
facilitating *writing* modules beyond what regular qml autocompletion
provides is way out of scope.

> > so, the key is that the config test results must somehow end up in those
> > standard properties.
>
> So this lookups should only provide result in some properties and Module itself would use them?
> Something like this?
>
> Module {
>   Depends { name: "cpp" }
>   LibraryNode {
>     id: qca
>     < ... properties ... >
>   }
>   LibraryNode {
>     id: qcaOssl
>     < ... properties ... >
>   }
>   cpp.libraries: [ qca.library, qcaOssl.library ]
> }

something like that.
note that qcaOssl would be a separate module already.

> So imperative style will be used only in LibraryNode implementation,
> but declarative style will be preserved in Module's implementation

yes. can be done that way.

> > therefore our idea was to have configure nodes with imperative
> > constructor functions. this gives unlimited flexibility. [...]
>
> So module may use successors of ConfigureNode for configure-like stuff?

yes

> They should be triggered at graph-initing state?

my idea would be giving nodes priorities. that would cause all ready
configure nodes to be executed first, until there are no more of them.

> Successors of ConfigureNode should be stored at ./share/qbs/modules/ or in other directory like ./share/qbs/configure with similar structure?
> In the second case we would have directories "imports" (what is it?), "modules", "configure", "factories" (for ModuleFactory)? Otherwise how can I differentiate them?

i must admit i don't know the current qbs conventions well enough to
answer this. jörg?

> > and also see
> > http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qbs/2012-February/000034.html
>
> I've participated at this discussion,

yes, i noticed. :)

> but it doesn't handle some cases, so may I continue that thread?

sure