[QBS] state and future of qbs

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Jan 7 09:22:56 CET 2013

On 04/01/2013 11:20, BogDan wrote:

> I checked qbs a few days ago, when I tried to create a qbs plugin for KDevelop,
> and I think I've found an issue regarding platforms/profiles settings.
> It seems that platforms and profiles are independent from each other, but I think
> profiles should be linked to  platforms(toolchanins). I can not use x86 qt to
> compile arm apps !
> IMHO a better approach is to use something similar to QtCreator Kits, every
> kit will contain a single toolchain and one or more qt "profiles".

Profiles are actually linked to platforms. They are aggregated.
I.e. profile "myQt5" can aggregate platform "x86".
The Qt build in "myQt5" better points to a Qt build for x86 of course.

It's not so different from what Qt Creator has. A Kit is linked to a Qt
version and a toolchain.

To link a profile to a platform one must set the qbs.platform property
in the profile to the desired platform name.

Cheers,

Jörg

--
Joerg Bornemann