[QBS] A couple suggestions

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Wed Jun 5 15:19:50 CEST 2013

On 05/06/2013 14:39, Jake Thomas Petroules wrote:

> Ok, but how would we want to implement it? I'm guessing set in the
> profile by qbs-detect-toolchains (and not read only)?

Either like that or similar to how qbs.hostOS is implemented.

> I was confused since it's been "1.0" since, well, always. Are we going
> to start changing it when we do releases?

Not necessarily, that's why I wrote "language version". We only have to
increment this version if the language is changed in a backward
incompatible way. The downside of this is that we'd have two version
numbers one for the language, another for the tool itself.

BR,

Joerg