[QBS] Rule and the "usings" property

Stéphane Fabry sf at xris.eu
Wed Oct 15 23:23:37 CEST 2014

Hi,

I can't understand how the "using" property of "Rule" item works.

What I try to achieve:

Product {
     name: "foo2"
     Group {
         files: "foo2_file"
         fileTags: "fooTag"

Product {
     name: "foo"
     Depends { name: "foo2" }

     Depends { name: "fooModule" }

     Group {
         files: "foo_file"
         fileTags: "fooTag"

Then in the fooModule i have:

Rule {
     multiplex: true
     inputs: "fooTag"

     Artifact { filePath: "genFile.txt" }

     prepare: {

             // Write a file that lists inputs
             for (i in inputs.fooTag) {
cmd.setupInstalls.push(FileInfo.toWindowsSeparators(inputs.fooTag[i].filePath));

This rule will list the files of the product (that is "foo_file") but
not the file in the dependencies that are tagged with the same fileTags.
That is I want to list also "foo2_file" from foo2 product.

I tried to use the "usings" property, from the docs it seems it should
de the job, but without success...
How can i achieve this ?

Thanks

--