[QBS] QBS not compiling with our compiled Qt version

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Fri Oct 17 14:42:52 CEST 2014

On 10/17/2014 12:21 PM, olivier musse wrote:
> It's a big issue on our side since we have many different versions of Qt
> we have compiled and not having the .prl files well filed in.
> At this point, after our last QBS upgrade, we can no more compile and so
> distribute any new version of our products to our customers.
> So please, as a first step help, may you tell me which .prl files are
> analyzed by QBS and what is used inside so that I can generate them
> properly.

There is no fixed list. qbs looks at all the .pri files in <qtbase build
dir>/mkspecs/modules/ and gathers information about modules from there.
Basically, for every qt_lib_*.pri file that does not have "no_link" in
its config there must be a corresponding library and prl file, and from
the prl file we gather additional information.
I must stress again that there is something seriously wrong with your Qt
build if the prl files are empty (I have never seen such a thing), and
other things beside qbs will also not work properly then. You should
file a bug report for Qt and have this investigated.