[QBS] remove unwanted compiler flags

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at theqtcompany.com
Fri Oct 24 11:07:06 CEST 2014

On 22-Oct-14 19:40, Railway Coder wrote:

> I use qbs for building my code for an embedded system.
> Compiler is set in Qt Creator as Kit for Bare Metal development.
>
> If I set compiler flags like this:
[...]
> I get unwanted flags in the output:
[...]

-pipe
is passed to gcc unconditionally. We assumed that every gcc can cope
with it. Do we need an option to turn it off?

-fvisibility=default
can be turned off by setting cpp.visibility to undefined.

-x c++
should not be added if your source files have a standard C++ file
extension. Which Qt Creator version is this?

-Wextra
is controllable via cpp.warningLevel

-Wl,--unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs
is controllable via cpp.allowUnresolvedSymbols

-g
cpp.debugInformation: false

> How can I prevent qbs from adding flags which are not specified by me?

There is no "don't mess around with compiler flags" option.
Specify what you can with cpp properties, and only add things to
cpp.cxxFlags if you really need to.

BR,

Joerg