[QBS] Specifying static runtime libraries with MSVC

Thomas Epting thomas.epting.stryker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:57:07 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a project on Windows using static runtime libraries.
To specify this, Microsoft's CL provides the options /MT (to use static
libs) and /MD (to use dynamic libs). In Qbs, the /MD options is added
unconditionally to the compiler's command line, which prevents projects
with static runtime libraries. Of course I can add "/MT" to cpp.cxxFlags
(which gives me the correct result), but then I get an ugly warning
"overriding /MD with /MT" for each source file.

Now I think of adding an appropriate option to Qbs. How would you name such
an option? Does it make sense with other compilers, too, or is it needed
for Microsoft compilers only?

Regards,
Thomas