[Qbs] Compiling QtCreator QbsProjectManager plugin with Qbs

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Wed Feb 22 10:37:28 CET 2017

On 02/21/2017 08:15 PM, Wolfgang Baron wrote:
>> Note that products can get force-disabled if a (recoverable) error is
>> encountered when loading them, such as a missing dependency. You should
>> see a warning message in that case, though.

So this was indeed it, according to what you write below: The Creator
plugin was force-disabled because the qbscore dependency was missing.

> Thanks for the idea, but I did the git thing. It is QtScript, which
> appears to be missing. Qbs seems to still depend on this deprecated
> module. However, I cannot install it successfully. Trying to install it
> results in the following error:
>
> ---------------------------
> Installer Error
> ---------------------------
> Error during installation process (qt.58.qtscript.win32_msvc2015):
> Could not find the needed
> QmakeOutputInstallerKey(qt.58.win32_msvc2015_qmakeoutput) value on the
> installer object. The ConsumeOutput operation on the valid qmake needs
> to be called first.
> ---------------------------
> Retry   Ignore   Cancel
> ---------------------------

Well, that's obviously an installer bug. According to
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47275, it also appears with other
components. You might want to comment on and/or vote for that issue.

> Maybe a bit more explicit output would be nice, telling me what else was
> disabled because of these warnings (it tells me about qbscore, not about
> QbsProjectManager or whatever else I do not know about).

According to the code, you should have gotten two warnings here: One
saying something like "Product qbscore had errors and was disabled", and
one saying "Disabling product QbsProjectManager, because it depends on
disabled product qbscore". You are saying you only got the former?