[Qbs] QBS usage

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Mon Jun 18 12:09:54 CEST 2018

>> But I've had a hard time to sell Qbs at work for embedded C programming.
>> The major issues is that Qbs doesn't support awkward toolchains like IAR
>> or TI CGT.
>
> There is nothing magical about that. If you provide the necessary
> information, these can simply be supported by a new cpp backend.

Absolutely and by no means I wanted to blame you! I assume that "simply
adding a new cpp backend" would require a responsible maintainer and
continuous regression tests on that particular backend. The mentioned
toolchains are usually not used by hobby-ists and thus so I do not expect
anybody to invest their spare-time. At least, I won't.

Can anybody share a success story how he/she introduced Qbs in their
team/company? Is there anybody contributing to Qbs at work who is not
directly related to The QtCompany?

Richard