[Qbs] (no subject)

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Oct 27 11:57:52 CET 2020

On 10/27/20 11:47 AM, Dan Pat wrote:
> Hi, I have created a Module that inherits GenericGcc

Out of curiosity: Which special features does it implement and why are
they not suitable for upstreaming?

> and hence is loaded as a "cpp" module when certain conditions are met.
> During development the module file was located in the module directory
> of the QtCreator installation. But I would like to move it to the qbs
> module directory inside our project (using qbsSearchPaths). It is
> desirable that the module be addressable by "cpp" name to avoid
> changing the project files. To try to achieve that I created a
> directory called "cpp" in the project module directory hoping that the
> contents of this directory and the contents of the QtCreator qbs
> module directory will somehow merge together. But it didn't work as
> you might guess). Any ideas how to pull that off without having to
> keep a copy of the file in the QtCreator qbs module directory?

You can provide your own cpp implementation by overriding the search
path, but I don't see how you would be able to refer to the contents of
the original directory. Note that the files there are implementation
details and their presence and names cannot be relied upon. It's not a
supported use case to derive from these items. So to achieve what you
want, you'd have to copy the qbs module files you want to extend.