[Qbs] How to use texttemplate module?

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Thu Sep 10 09:02:12 CEST 2020

> But then, wouldn't it be a good idea to add
>
>     additionalProductTypes: [product.texttemplate.outputTag]
>
> to the texttemplate module? I see that several other modules are doing
> something like that. Would you consider a patch adding it?

I think the purpose of the text template module is to create intermediate artifacts that are consumed by other rules. This is also the reason for a configurable outputTag property. You can make the output a "final" artifact by customizing the product type manually as explained earlier. So I consider the current behavior to be the least surprising. But this is more my own opinion. If you can think of a good reason to adjust the additionalProductTypes property, then go ahead.

Richard