[Qt-creator] QtCreator translation on Macedonian

Andre Poenitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 3 14:42:05 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 02:55:36AM +0300, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On Saturday 02 May 2009 17:27:32 Aleksandar D. Balalovski wrote:
> > Hi, I am Aleksandar from Macedonia, Qt developer that took the
> > responsibility to translate the Creator in Macedonian language
> > (Cyrilic, UTF-8).
> > So I saw this:
> > http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-creator/2009-April/002706.html
> >
> > and started translating today. So far, so good.
> > Do I need to know anything else?
> >
> > thanks,
> > bye
> I am really sorry, but I have to hijack this list for an offtopic message.

You have to?

> There is no such country as Macedonia.
> I assume that you mean F.Y.R.O.M. I dont mean to start a flame here,

Of course not.

> but many people might assume that you will translate Qt-creator in
> Greek language

He mentioned "Cyrillic". Many people would assume that the Greek region
Makedonia uses the Greek alphabet instead, so those people would probably
assume that he does not refer to it.

But even if these people were mistaken and Aleksandar would indeed,
possibly accidentally, translate into the Greek language, no real harm
would have been done ;-)

Andre'