[Qt-creator] project tree, show subdirectories

Frank Neuhaus dtag00 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:09:42 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Ernst Huber <swmail01 at systest.ch> wrote:

> Hi Mildred
>
> You should have a separate .pro file for each subdirectory (assuming
> each of your subdirectories represents a more or less stand-alone unit
> such as a library). Then a main .pro (to be opened in Creator) with the
> "subdirs" template is needed with a list of all the subdirectories.

Apparently some people do not want to do that for some reasons. The thing
is: the functionality is already there. It works perfectly for CMake based
projects. So why not extend this so that it works for qmake based projects
as well? It doesnt hurt anyone does it? I don't think anyone should be
forced to use those subdirs templates just to make QtCreator _DISPLAY_
something more nicely.

Frank