[Qt-creator] Creator "breaks" qmake generated custom config file

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at trolltech.com
Mon May 25 12:03:53 CEST 2009

hi,

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:12:20PM +0200, Martin Hauner wrote:
> After editing and saving the pro file in Qt Creator my build.conf looks like this.
>
> SVN_INCLUDES = /include/subversion-1
> SVN_LIBS = -L/lib -lsvn_client-1
> SVN_PATH =
>
> Any idea what's going on here?

creator does indeed "execute" the pro files. due to the incompleteness
of the evaluator, the result is is a bit "fuzzy", though (fwiw, i'm
working on this right now, but it will never be perfect out of
principle).
creator skips system() calls, assuming the don't add any value to
finding files. however, $$system() *is* evaluated, with the assumption
that nobody would make such a call have side effects ... i might
reconsider if we get more reports. a general solution might be adding
some way of telling creator to [not] execute a system() / $$system()
call. dunno.