[Qt-creator] QT Creator 2.4.0 feature request

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Dec 15 23:19:40 CET 2011

On 15.12.2011 22:51, Uwe Fechner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tested it, and I have the impression, that SIGTERM is either not tried at all, or the time delay
> between SIGTERM and SIGKILL is very small (smaller than three seconds).
> Our application needs up to three seconds, to write the log file buffer to the (slow) flash memory.
>
> How long is the delay currently?

I assume one second: return niceKill + QLatin1String("; sleep 1; ") + brutalKill;

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/qt-creator/blobs/v2.4.0/src/plugins/remotelinux/remotelinuxapplicationrunner.cpp

> If it is too short for us, would it be possible to add an option to change this delay in the next
> release?

Your could compile creator yourself, it's straight forward. You only need an actual Qt installation.

Peter