[Qt-creator] Building with virtual frame buffer

Pasi Petäjäjärvi passeli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:05:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

First check that you actually have qvfb binary in you qt bin
directory. You know that you have to manually compile it yourself? I
doubt that it does even exist there because opensource version of Qt
still has error in it's qvfb pro file which prevents it from compiling
correctly.

Br,
Pasi

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/2012 03:48 AM, eike.ziller at nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> On 30 Mar 2012, at 22:27, ext Duane wrote:
>>
>>> Using the latest source for opensource 4.8.1.
>>>
>>> I do a configure/build/install with -embedded -qt-gfx-qvfb.  I get a
>>> successful build.
>>>
>>> I run the build and run my app with -qws -display QVFb:0
>>>
>>> But I get the error that the QVFb driver not found.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Since this sounds like a general Qt question I suggest you head over to interest@
>>

> I'm trying another configure/make with different args.  But I have the
> impression that the problem is with Creator and how it handles multiple
> builds, especially multiple builds with the same Qt version but
> different configurations.
>
> For example, it seems that if I do configure with -prefix, then make and
> make install, if I make confclean and change the args in -prefix, do a
> make and then a make install that it installs to the old location.
> Something doesn't seem to be getting cleaned.

Isaac Newton:
- Voin laskea tähtien liikkeet, mutten ihmisten hulluutta. ( “I can
calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of
people.” )