[Qt-creator] Dev: Feature freeze 28.2.

eike.ziller at nokia.com eike.ziller at nokia.com
Fri Feb 24 08:21:15 CET 2012

Talk on the Qt5 development list is much about their feature freeze (http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-February/002267.html), but
We have our own feature freeze as well!  \o/
(*)

Reminder copy from http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator/Releases :
Qt Creator 2.5
* Freeze wk9 (~Feb 28)
* Beta + soft string freeze w11 (~Mar 13)
* String freeze w13 (~Mar 27)
* RC w15 (~Apr 10)
* Release wk17 (~Apr 24)

So the feature freeze is suppose to be next tuesday, meaning that this will be the last day that you can push features for 2.5. I'll branch off a 2.5 branch from master somewhere between 28.2. 18:00 and 29.2. 10:00 MEZ (UTC+1)

master will continue as the branch open for features for 2.6
2.5 branch will be the release branch for the 2.5 series, and immediately go into feature freeze state

If you wonder what that means, read this: http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Creator/Submit_Policies
(If you still wonder after reading, feel free to ask)

Br,
Eike

(*) Disclaimer: The feature freeze of Qt 5 and Qt Creator 2.5 are not related

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori