[Qt-creator] Multimonitor support for qt-creator

Kirill Bobkov eax32bit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:22:04 CET 2012

Hi, Qt developers.

I am using qtcreator since 1.3 version.
But there is not multimonitor support in qtcreator. I can't undock
source/header editor from main window.

I wrote some plugin to resolve this issue.

But i have some problems -
We need to patch /coreplugin/editormanager/editormanager.h
We must make these methods public:
    void setCurrentEditor(IEditor *editor, bool ignoreNavigationHistory =
false);
    void closeEditor(IEditor *editor);

to use them in our plugin to make reparented editor active (if we don't
make out editor current - some key bindings will not work)
or close editor when we close our undocked window.

If we patch editormanager.h all work's fine.
May be you make these changes in main qt-creator source tree?

P.S. Sory for my bad english.