[Qt-creator] alignment after new line for statement continuations

Yi Ding yi.s.ding at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:39:14 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

First time posting.  First, thanks for making an incredibly awesome IDE.
 The super-fast (and very accurate) code completion is killer, so please
don't get rid of that (been reading the Clang threads a bit, and while
Clang is incredibly cool, it'd be a sad day if Qt Creator's code completion
became as slow as visual studio's).

I do have a question with regard to indentation though.  Currently, it
looks like even when I set my indentation to 4 spaces, if I have a
statement continuation on a new line, it indents by 8.

For example:
if I want to have
return a +
   b;

It will instead default to
return a +
        b;

More maddening, even if I correct it once, if the statement extends over
multiple lines it will try to do the 8 character indent every new line.

Is there any way to change this?

Thanks,
Yi