[Qt-creator] Support for .vcproj

andre.poenitz at nokia.com andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Tue Mar 20 13:25:18 CET 2012

Flex Ferrum wrote:
> [...] In my opinion high-quality tool for converting .vcproj/.vcxproj files into .pro/.pri files
> will be more useful.

I actually disagree. On the technical side it wil be hard to find an exact mapping to
.pro files. On the social side some people just don't like the idea of "converting"
their projects (themselves, or enforced by the enviroment). Handling .sln/.vcproj
natively solves both issues niceky, and given that the input syntax is way more
streamlined than qmake syntax it should be comparatively easy to get it on par
with the current .pro support. Quite a bit of grunt work, but pretty straight-forward.

Andre'