[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Sascha Cunz sascha-ml at babbelbox.org
Sun May 27 22:08:18 CEST 2012

On Sunday, 27. May 2012 14:57:46 Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Sunday 27 May 2012 06:14:26 Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> > - support refactoring (alt-enter) without changing the active editor (aka
> > refactoring in background)
>
> What do you mean? It seems to me this is what QtCreator does already!

Actually, QtCreator shows a clickable symbol near the changed definition /
declaration; if you click it (or hit alt-enter), QtCreator refactors the
counter part, BUT source navigation opens the destination file and jumps the
cursor there.

> > - files created by "new C++-class" should automatically become part of the
> > (active) project, or add a context menu entry for project tree-nodes
>
> What do you mean? This is already the case.

qmake based project management does this; CMake based project management
doesn't - The cmake language is quite too complex to do it reliable.

> > - mark all occurrences of symbol under cursor (variable, function, class,
> > what ever) in the current file (or better in all visible files) so usages
> > can be visualized very fast. Such marks shall be mouse sensitive for
> > faster
> > navigation.
>
> What do you mean? This is the case already.

Additionally one can press Ctrl-Shift-U while the editor cursor is inside the
desired keyword; QtCreator will do a search for the identifier based on its
understanding of the code.

SaCu