[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Geronimo Ma. Hernandez geronimo013 at gmx.com
Wed May 30 15:37:17 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 30 May 2012 - 12:54:52, riitta-leena.miettinen at nokia.com wrote:
> However, your comment is a bit harsh, ...

Some call it harsh, I call it talking pictures ;)

I already said, that I did not understand eike, when he said:
> "The decision had been made long ago that we don't want Qt Creator to
> actually perform a build."
For my way of thinking, build-support is 30% of an IDE, so cut of the build-
support from an IDE is like cut off a man being male.

The propaganda from Qt's homepage says about QtCreator:
> Do more with less (and faster)
>
> With the new Qt Creator ... you can spend more time on innovation, and less
> time on infrastructure coding getting your software to market faster.

So that's exactly the context, I was talking about.

> So, instead of turning to your favorite internet search engine, you could
> also click the Help icon on the task bar to open the Help mode and browse or
> search for information in the Qt Creator Manual.

Well, before looking for help you have to realize, that you need help or that
there might be help out there.

Let me focus on another sample:
My linux box is localized. All environment settings are fine and all gui-apps,
that support localization are able to extract my language from environment.
No magic.
So if a gui app starts in english - what would you think?
Is your first thought: hey, may be something is wrong with my environment ...
or do you think: 	ok, that app-developers don't support localization.

... and if you think the second choice, why should you start google or touch
help system?

Where does a normal user should know from, that "language of operating system"
is NOT the configured language of the active user, that all other gui-apps know
and use?

kind regards

Gero