[Qt-creator] Some thoughts about 2.5

Vojtech Kral vojtech at kral.hk
Wed May 30 19:50:53 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-30 19:02, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
> On Mittwoch 30 Mai 2012, Vojtech Kral wrote:
>> On 2012-05-30 15:37, Geronimo Ma. Hernandez wrote:
>> I think you misunderstood, the support is rather done in such a way
>> that the
>> IDE drives an underlying scripted build system rather than making
>> all the
>> compiler and linker calls by itself.
>
> So what? That's a reasonable implementation detail, that no user ever
> should
> care about.

The user should definitely care about that, it's their build system
setup,
importance of which in C++ I stated earlier.

Some of your suggestions do have a point, in this case though,
I think that if all that effort you put in writing to the
mailing list you put in actually reading up on qmake or cmake,
you would probably have mastered a good deal of it by now.

~Vojtech Kral