[Qt-creator] New IMode above Welcome

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Thu Apr 11 09:25:26 CEST 2013

> Guido: Just to clarify: No, I do not hate you. I just hate changes
> that mess up the shortcuts I use:-)

I was just kidding as you were. :-)

> Everybody is of course free to do with the sources as he pleases -- as
> long as the terms of the license are adhered to.

I _could_ say, I don't care. I _could_ say, I am just a paid hand to churn
out code. But I am not. I an somewhat conscious of FOSS. The license question
had a very high importance in the discussions before the project started.
I am not a lawyer, but I do have some experience with GPL and LGPL and it
looks fine to me.

> All I wanted to do is to ask developers modifying creator to please be
> aware of how their changes impact not only new users but also existing ones.

If I wanted to genuinely code for the creator, which after the project I
should be easily capable of, I would not do something like that without
_very_ good reasons. And not without a discussion with more experienced
QtCreator developers beforehand.

Guido